Porter Corp is seeking a full-time civil engineering graduate to join an industry-leading steel shelter manufacturer as a Structural Engineer. Porter Corp, founded in 1964 as W.H. Porter, is committed to engineering and fabricating innovative architectural structures. Compared to typical structural engineering opportunities, members of the Porter Corp engineering department benefit from exposure to a wide variety of learning and growth opportunities. In additional to traditional structural engineering responsibilities, our engineering department provides pricing for all structures and works with other team members to resolve fabrication challenges. The successful candidate will join our engineering team serving both our Poligon and CEAS+ brands.
Poligon is the leader in the design, engineering and fabrication of open air steel structures in the park and recreation market. From initial design intent to completed installation, Poligon’s streamlined process makes creating the perfect structure easy and efficient. In 2014, we launched CEAS+ to leverage direct collaboration between our engineers and architects around the country through our innovative DEFI process (Design. Engineer. Fabricate. Install.). By handling every part of the process, from first napkin sketch to final product, CEAS+ makes enriching outdoor spaces with unique, custom structures easier than ever.
The successful candidate will work under licensed civil engineers and report to the engineering manager. Please apply now if you are ready to enjoy your next job, the people you work with, and the culture that makes Porter Corp an industry leader.
- Conceptualize and design steel structures using RISA-3D and other CADD software
- Maintain internal project scheduling and coordinate with drafting and production capacities
- Review submittal and fabrication drawings to meet customer expectations
- Communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences
- Participate in a team environment of open and active engagement
- Share in a company-wide philosophy of continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- 0-4 years’ experience in structural engineering
- E.I.T. preferred, or ability to successfully obtain E.I.T. within 6 months
- Familiarity with structural analysis software is preferred
- Demonstrated ability in MS Office, with excellent written and communication skills
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Holiday's, 401 (k) with employer match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program as well as additional, optional insurance offerings.
Porter Corp., a PlayCore company, considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.